Brooklyn's New Beginnings

Welcome to our travel blog. Come with us to China as we become a family of four.

Saturday, September 02, 2006





Hello again from Kunming! I apologize for the two days of absence. We are all okay. We've have been so busy that by the time night comes around and we are back in our hotel, I am too wiped out to post.

Brooklyn is 100% attached to both of us now. It was a much easier transition than I had prepared myself for, and that is okay! Nap and bed times are now difficult. The honeymoon stage is over. Two days ago Edward wanted to go to the Stone Forest (picture above). I knew it would be too much for Brooklyn, so I told Edward and Josh to go and we would stay behind (mistake #1). Then I said that Brooklyn had been such a piece of cake, what could go wrong? (mistake #2)

All hell broke loose for her nap. She cried unconsolably for 2 1/2 hours. She was so tired that she just could not get to sleep, and I knew she was tired. After the 2.5 hours, I resigned myself to the fact that she was just not going to sleep so I fed her and we went for a long walk around Kunming. Yesterday and today have been the same. I forsee a very long flight home.

Our co-ordinator, Shulan, has been doing a great job for us and we have really enjoyed her. Tomorrow (Monday) she will finish up the paperwork at the police station so we will be able to leave for Guangzhou on Tuesday. We will miss Kunming, but we are ready for the last leg of our trip before we go home. All of us are craving our favorite foods, and from the picture above, we have acquainted Brooklyn with our fatty, American favorite- pizza. Welcome to our world, Brooke.

We will stay in Guangzhou for 4 days and leave the night of the 9th. It will be a very busy few days in GZ- paperwork, medical exam, passport/visa for Brooklyn, and our Consulate appointment. Tomorrow I will post again. We will be going to the Western Hill (part of the Himalayas) and I will post more pictures.

6 Comments:

  • At Sun Sep 03, 09:20:00 AM PDT , Blogger Mary, Jason, & Maya said...

    Brooklyn looks so content and happy with her new family. It's great that the attaching is going well! I love the picture of Brooklyn and Josh together in the stroller...so sweet!

    Mary (Maya's Mom)

     
  • At Sun Sep 03, 09:42:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ashley, it was so good to see you again! I wasn't really worried, but I was, if you know what I mean. Brooklyn is adorable. She is already a beautiful little girl, and I can tell that Joshua loves her so much. I am so happy for all of you -- and for me!! I can't wait to have a shower for you to let everyone see our prize!Can't wait to see you again -- in person! Love you, honey -- from all of your famiy! Mom

     
  • At Mon Sep 04, 01:40:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Ballantyne's!!! Brooklyn is soo adorable!! Jake and I can't wait to see our new niece. She is even more precious than I imagined. Love you guys!

     
  • At Tue Sep 05, 03:28:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    my goodness, I can't get over how beautiful Brooklyn is!

    Good luck with the crying situations .. I hope you will have a better time of it when you get home.

     
  • At Sat Sep 09, 09:50:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's been so wonderful watching you every step of the way, Ashley. This computer thing is amazing! But I'm still not going to do E-mail. I prefre voice mail and snail mail! I'm so excited to see all of you -- TOMORROW!!!! McKenzie and Jake will be there too to welcome you home. Then we'll go out and get something to eat together. I wish the whole blogger family could join us because I know we all feel the same way about you and they probably all wish they could be there to welcome you home. Please give Joshua my love and a great big hug for me. I've missed him so much. And I just know that Brooklyn is going to jump into my arms and say, 'grandma, where have you been all of my live?"!! Oh, I'm so excited. Well, honey, guess I'd better go for now. Look forward to you call tonight. Love you, love you, love you!!! Mom

     
  • At Tue Nov 21, 06:11:00 PM PST , Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said...

    What a precious little doll she is.

    Congratulations!

    Deb
    anxiously awaiting referral

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home