Brooklyn's New Beginnings

Welcome to our travel blog. Come with us to China as we become a family of four.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Who are you?





I know there are alot of you out there still (or recently) reading my blog. Since I am making this effort, then I want to hear from you!
I am going to start keeping this blog updated for all of you, but I want your help too. It encourages me to read your comments. *hint hint* What you like to see here? Obviously I will put up more photos of the kiddos, but what else would you like me to post about?
Also, do you have a blog you would like me to link? Just last night I figured out how to do that.
(The picture to the left was taken an hour before we left Guangzhou, China to head home. Don't zoom in on me though- make up less, no contacts, etc.....The picture on the right was taken about a week ago. Fun in the backyard with a sprinkler ~ that girl can't get enough water play!)

8 Comments:

  • At Tue Apr 17, 08:46:00 PM PDT , Blogger kitchu said...

    I just stumbled upon your blog today... your children are so cute! I will actually be in Dallas in a couple of weeks for a China adoption conference (used to live in Arlington and have family there). Glad I found your site!

     
  • At Tue Apr 17, 08:46:00 PM PDT , Blogger kitchu said...

    ps. Brooklyn was in my top 5 choices for a name!

     
  • At Tue Apr 17, 09:28:00 PM PDT , Blogger Ashley said...

    Hi Kris!

    China adoption conference? Is it a seminar for an agency you are using? If you get bored in Dallas, email me and maybe we could chat or do lunch or something. (I think my email addy is on the blog here, that or post to me your addy and I won't publish it).

    BTW, We chose the name Brooklyn because Brooke is my middle name and my mom's name is JacqueLYN, hence my baby's name. :)

     
  • At Wed Apr 18, 05:38:00 PM PDT , Blogger Victoria said...

    Ashley, I'm here! This is Victoria, from the LDS board. I used to check your blog occasionally when I first got onto the board, so I'm glad to see that you're keeping it up again. Brooklyn is getting so big, and as a side note, if we have a girl in October the name is going to be Brooklyn Celeste. I have loved that name ever since I was a little girl. Isn't it just beautiful?!

     
  • At Mon Apr 23, 10:58:00 PM PDT , Blogger Wendy said...

    Hi Ashley. It's good to see you posting! Brooklyn and Josh look so cute. I hope things are going well with you all.

    P.S. you can link me if you'd like
    Wendy-RFAug

     
  • At Fri May 04, 09:18:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had to check out your blog from one of your comments on Emmabug about Brooklyn's weight and height -- our 21 monther is creeping up there too (we've been home from China for 8wks now, and she's packing the pounds). AND to see Vegan Lunchbox in your blogroll, that rocks. I even have a blogroll of lunchbox sites that I obsess over!

     
  • At Thu May 17, 01:43:00 PM PDT , Blogger Stephanie V said...

    My god, she is HUGE!

     
  • At Thu May 17, 09:23:00 PM PDT , Blogger Ashley said...

    Steph,

    Yes, she is huge. She will break all the world records.

    Shirt/dress size is 3T or 4T. Thing is, her waist is so small that 12 month shorts fit perfectly around the waist, but I can't get them past her humungos thighs. I then have to put on 18 month pants, but then they fall down to her thighs when she walks. She is only 21 months old.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home